I hope you and your family are well. Can you believe we are 23 days away from the start of the 2020-2021 school year? As we continue to track COVID-19, we are adequately working to ensure anyone that selects the option for in-person school is safe and healthy. Also, for the families that choose virtual learning, we are working to ensure the transition is seamless and those scholars to receive the education they desire and deserve. We have a few updates as we move through the latter part of our summer:
Summer Reading List:
· Incoming 5th Graders- Courage Has No Color
· Incoming 6th Graders- The House of Dies Drear
Assignments associated with each summer reading book can be found on the school website. Click on the academic tab and then select summer reading. Summer reading assignments are due for the first grade in the grade book by Monday, August 10, 2020.
Important Summer Updates:
· Kindergarten Orientation: July 22 and July 23 from 5:00-7:00 pm
· New and Returning Orientation: July 27, July 28, July 29 from 5:00-7:00 pm
· Kindergarten Preview: July 30th, 8:00-4:00 pm, and July 31st, 8:00-1:30 pm.
· First Day of School: Monday, August 3, 2020
We will continue to update our plan for in-person learning and virtual learning. Each family will receive a copy of our plan when they attend orientation.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to email me at email@example.com. If you would like to switch your preference for learning for your scholar please do so by Monday, July 20th.
In educational service,
David McGuire, Principal, Tindley Summit Academy